TIMOTHY D. BIEL, M.S., P.E.
Mr. Biel is a pavement and materials expert with over 25 years of experience in construction and materials fields Mr. Biel is a registered Professional Engineer in the states of Utah, Nevada and Wyoming, and is currently Principal Engineer for PEPG Consulting where he is responsible for the overall management of the Design Engineering and Pavements/Materials Divisions of the company. Mr. Biel has an extensive knowledge of pavement design practices and construction materials and is well practiced and knowledgeable in the following:
- AASHTO 1993 and Mechanistic/Empirical pavement design procedures
- Asphalt Institute pavement design procedures
- FAA Airport Pavement Design Practices
- UDOT Pavement Design Requirements and Practices
- AASHTO, ASTM and Utah APWA specifications related to Paving Materials
- ACI Code and Commentary for Concrete Materials design and construction
- Marshall, Hveem, Stone Matrix Asphalt and Superpave volumetric design procedures for Hot Mix Asphalt
- Portland Cement Concrete Design and Pavement Evaluation
- M.S. Civil Engineering, University of Utah, 1997
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, 1990
- State of Utah P.E. #320546
- State of Wyoming P.E. #13034
- State of Nevada P.E. #21269
ROBERT LAW, P.L.S.
Mr. Law has over 25 years of surveying and mapping experience. He has extensive experience with ALTA and boundary surveys, topographic surveys, construction staking, record research, deed preparation, right-of-way documenting and boundary resolution.
• Rob is the survey manager and schedules the survey and construction staking projects at PEPG.
• Rob brings over 25 years of history and experience in the surveying field.
• Supervision responsibilities include all roadway boundary and topographic surveys, construction staking and roadway right-of-way plats.
• Mr. Law is very proficient with AutoCad Land Desktop, Micro station, and MS Office. In addition, he is knowledgeable with all our many various types of GPS equipment, total stations and data collectors.
• Mr. Law also has extensive experience with record research and right-of-way documents as well as boundary resolution.
KEY PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Surveying Office Manager for the SR-201; 9450 West to 5600 W. Project
Surveying Office Manager for the US-89 and SR-1166 Mount Pleasant Project.
Surveying Office Manager for the I-15 Payson project.
Surveying Office Manager for the Lehi 2300 W. project.
Surveying Office Manager for the SR-193 Pre Construction Survey project.
Surveying Office Manager for the Tooele Droubay Road Construction
Surveying Office Manager for the UDOT 11400 South Roadway improvement project.
Surveying Office Manager for the Gooseberry Roadway Improvements project.
Surveying Office Manager for the UDOT Greendale, Parley’s Scofield, & Strawberry Maintenance Station Improvements project.
AAS Geometrics and Survey Technology, Salt Lake Community College
PLS 9679988, Utah
Member – Utah Council of Land Surveyors
Member – Western Federation of Land Surveyors
RYAN KITCHEN, M.S., P.E.
Ryan has 15 years of experience in a wide variety of civil engineering projects, particularly in planning, design, and construction administration for roadways. He received a Master’s Degree with an emphasis in Transportation and has been involved with many developments, site designs and related projects. Ryan is currently completing the restoration of existing Lions Park in Moab, Utah. This project is located at the north end of Moab City. It included the construction of a new restroom, a pavilion, parking lots, sidewalks, and trail connections.
Other related experience includes: Roadway Cost Estimating and Prioritization, Pavement Analysis, Roadway Utility Design and Flood Control, and Roadway Permitting.
UDOT Construction Engineering Management Training (CEMT)
Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Training
UDEQ Onsite Wastewater System Professional Levels 1-3 (Certificate # 02305)
M.S. Civil Engineering, BYU
B.S. Civil Engineering, BYU
A.S. General Studies, UVU
State of Utah P.E. #7544732
State of Idaho P.E. #
State of Arizona P.E. #
Member – American Society of Civil Engineers